The kinds of personal information that TPG collects and holds
In order for TPG to provide services to you, we will need to collect from you, and hold, some personal information about you. That information may include your NRIC, FIN or passport number, your address, your telephone numbers, including your mobile number, email addresses, bank account or credit card details, device ID and IP address for accessing TPG services. You may also choose to provide similar details of your authorised representative, such as another family member. In these cases you must ensure that you have obtained the consent of such persons for us collecting and holding their personal information.
If you are unwilling to provide us with some details, we may not be able to supply you with a service that you wish to acquire. It is not possible to acquire services from TPG under a pseudonym.
How TPG collects and holds personal information
TPG collects personal information about you when you apply for a service either over the telephone, through an online process, or through completion of a form with a TPG dealer or directly when you require assistance with service provisioning or fault management.
The personal information will be held in secure electronic databases. TPG will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the personal information is accessible only to appropriately qualified staff.
The purposes for which TPG collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
TPG will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity;
- To provide and develop the services that you require;
- To administer and manage those services including charging, billing, obtaining payment, fault management, complaint handling and debt collection;
- To communicate with you directly, via email, fax, phone, SMS and by other means of communication about service usage, service charges, complaints, fault management, and other ways the service provided to you could be improved.
- To provide information on TPG products, services, events and marketing material, unless you opt not to receive them.
- To conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud;
- To conduct market search and analysis and customer satisfaction surveys
The above uses may require disclosure of the personal information to third parties including:
- to service providers who provide services to us, such as providers of telecommunications services;
- to credit reporting agencies;
- to research institutions for market analysis purposes;
- to third parties where you have given consent to the disclosure; and
- to government, law enforcement and national security agencies and regulatory bodies where this is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
If you do not wish to receive marketing material from TPG about TPG events, products and services, you may send an email with your full name and customer ID to email@example.com and TPG will not send to you any communications about such products and services. If you have more than one Customer ID, you must provide each Customer ID you want this to apply to.
Accuracy of your Personal Data and how you may access it
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information which we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date however we generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). You can access some of the personal information (such as contact details) that we hold about you by securely logging in to our website. In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by following the instructions here.
If you wish to access the full information we hold about you, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to you within 30 days. A handling fee may be payable so that we can obtain the information you require.
How you may complain about a breach of privacy
If you have any complaints or concerns about our privacy practices or would like further information, please send a request to email@example.com.
TPG is continuously improving and enhancing its products and services to our clients and we may update this policy from time to time. Any changes to this policy will be updated on this page on the TPG website.