Seniors Go Digital Critical Information Summary
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan?
Seniors Go Digital Plan is a plan created specially for Singapore Citizens aged 60 and above, to support IMDA’s Seniors Go Digital Programme. It is a SIM-Only, no-contract plan at $5 for 30 days. $5 is a promotional price till 31 July 2021, after which it will be priced at $10 for 30 days.
The plan comes with 20GB of data at 4G speed, thereafter unlimited data throttled at 512Kbps.The plan also comes with 300 Local Call Minutes, 30 Local SMS, free Incoming Calls and Caller ID, as well as free 1GB of high speed data roaming in the following countries: India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand. For more details on roaming services, click here.
Unlike most providers, we don’t lock you into 12 or 24-month plans. Our plan has no lock-in contract which gives you more flexibility.
2. What is the difference between Seniors Go Digital Mobile plan and Mobile Access for Seniors plan?
As part of IMDA’s Seniors Go Digital Programme, TPG is offering both Seniors Go Digital and Mobile Access for Seniors Mobile Plans. Seniors Go Digital Mobile plan is for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 60 and above, while Mobile Access for Seniors Plan is a scheme that provides subsidised smartphone and mobile plan to lower-income seniors who want to go digital, but cannot afford them. Subsidies are provided by IMDA based on criteria set by IMDA.
3. How to sign up for Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan?
For regulatory purposes, we need a proof of identification. You will need to bring the original ID (NRIC, Singapore Passport or NRIC replacement slip + a photo ID) when you register at one of TPG’ available outlets. We cannot accept ID documents in photocopy and digital formats. The Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan is eligible to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 60 years old and above. Every eligible customer who signs up for 1 Mobile Access for Seniors Plan can sign up for another maximum 3 Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan. Otherwise, customer can sign up for a total of 4 Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plans. Every eligible customer cannot sign up for more than 1 Mobile Access for Seniors plan.
4. How much is the Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan?
Our Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan is at a promotional price of $5 nett per 30 days, valid till 31 July 2021. After 31 July 2021, it will be at $10 nett per 30 days.
5. Can I purchase smartphones together with the Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan?
Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan customers can choose to purchase VoLTE supported smartphones from TPG at the published rate. Smartphone warranty is given by phone manufacturers. You can purchase the smartphone together with the Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan at the registration page here.
6. Does TPG allow rollover data, calls and SMS?
No, there is no rollover data, calls and SMS to the following month.
7. Are international calls and SMS supported for the TPG Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan?
You can enjoy incoming international calls and SMS for free. Outgoing international calls are available from $0.01 per 30 seconds, while outgoing international SMSs are available at $0.10 per SMS. Please refer to our International Call Rates and International SMS Rates for details at www.tpgmobile.sg.
8. Can I port-in my existing Postpaid mobile number to TPG?
Yes! You can sign up for our Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan and port-in your existing Postpaid mobile number to TPG. Please ensure that your personal details which you register with TPG match those of your previous provider in order to port-in successfully. For more information on how to port in, click here
9. Where can I sign up for Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan?
You must sign up online and bring along your Order Confirmation email with your original ID to collect your SIM card at one of the SIM Pick-Up locations for Seniors Plans.
10. Can someone else sign up and pick up the SIM card on my behalf?
Yes, you can authorise a proxy to sign up for your Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan on your behalf. Please complete and sign this authorisation form. Your proxy must bring this form together with their original NRIC and your original NRIC when signing up for the Seniors Go Digital Plan at TPG Shop or Authorised Dealers.
11. How do I pay for my Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan?
Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan is on recurring $5 nett every 30 days. Customers can pay via Cash/NETs at TPG Shop or Authorised Dealers, or Visa / Mastercard via TPG Website.
12. Can I use the service for anything else other than what’s included in the plan?
You can only use the service for usage types that are included as part of the plan. Any other usage types such as MMS are not supported. If you wish to go beyond your plan’s inclusion such as excess calls, SMS and IDD calls, you can access and top up your TPG Account Balance by logging in to My Account. Charges of extra minutes and SMS that will be deducted from the TPG Account Balance are as follows:
- Local calls above the 300 minutes included in plan at $0.01 per 30 seconds and billed at 30 seconds increments.
- Local SMS above the 30 SMS included in plan at $0.05 per SMS
- Excess data roaming beyond the first 1GB will be charged at $3 per GB for selected countries
- Outgoing International calls are available from $0.01 per 30 seconds
- International SMSs are available at $0.10 per SMS
The rates listed above are subjected to changes. Top-ups are not refundable.
13. How do I check my usage?
You can also track your TPG Mobile usage by logging into My Account on the website.
14. I am still on the service trial plan and the plan has not expired. Will the free trial period still be fulfilled and can I migrate to the Seniors Go Digital Plan?
Yes, we will fulfil the free trial period that you are currently in. However, you are not able to migrate over to the Seniors Go Digital Plan at the moment. If you are eligible for the Seniors Go Digital Plan and wish to sign up, please sign up as a new line with us.
15. I am currently on TPG 50GB SIM Only Plan. I am eligible for the Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan. Can I migrate over to the Seniors Go Digital Plan?
Unfortunately, at this moment, Seniors Go Digital Plan is only available for new sign-ups. If you are eligible for the Seniors Go Digital Plan and wish to sign up, please sign up as a new line with us.