Mobile Access for Seniors Critical Information Summary
Mobile Access for Seniors is a scheme that supports the Seniors Go Digital programme. It provides subsidised smartphone and mobile plan to lower-income seniors who want to go digital, but cannot afford them. More details on the mobile plan will be available soon, stay tuned.
Click here to find out if you are eligible for the plan.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is Mobile Access for Seniors Plan?
The Mobile Access for Seniors Plan is a scheme by IMDA that supports the Seniors Go Digital programme. It provides subsidised smartphone and mobile plan to lower-income seniors who want to go digital but cannot afford them. Mobile Access for Seniors Plan is a no-contract plan subsidised by IMDA. It is a SIM-Only, no-contract plan at $5 for 30 days. $5 is a promotional price till 31 July 2021, after which it will be priced at $10 for 30 days.
The plan comes with 20GB of data at 4G speed, thereafter unlimited data throttled at 512Kbps.The plan also comes with 300 Local Call Minutes, 30 Local SMS, free Incoming Calls and Caller ID, as well as free 1GB of high speed data roaming in the following countries: India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand. For more details on roaming services, click here.
Unlike most providers, we don’t lock you into 12 or 24-month plans. Our plan has no lock-in contract which gives you more flexibility.
2. What is the difference between Seniors Go Digital Mobile plan and Mobile Access for Seniors plan?
As part of IMDA’s Seniors Go Digital Programme, TPG is offering both Seniors Go Digital and Mobile Access for Seniors Mobile Plans. Seniors Go Digital Mobile plan is for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 60 and above, while Mobile Access for Seniors Plan is a scheme that provides subsidised smartphone and mobile plan to lower-income seniors who want to go digital, but cannot afford them. Mobile Access for Seniors Plan is for Singapore Citizens aged 60 and above. Subsidies are provided by IMDA based on criteria set by IMDA.
3. How to sign up for Seniors Mobile Access Plan?
For regulatory purposes, we need a proof of identification. You will need to bring the original ID (NRIC, Singapore Passport or NRIC replacement slip + a photo ID) when you register at one of TPG’ available outlets. We cannot accept ID documents in photocopy and digital formats. The Seniors Mobile Access Plan is eligible to Singapore Citizens aged 60 years old and above who meet the criteria listed by IMDA. For full eligibility details, please visit IMDA’s website. Every eligible customer who signs up for 1 Mobile Access for Seniors Plan can sign up for another maximum 3 Seniors Go Digital Mobile Plan. Every eligible customer cannot sign up for more than 1 Mobile Access for Seniors Plan.
4. How much is the Seniors Mobile Access Plan?
Our Seniors Mobile Access Plan is at a promotional price of $5 nett every 30 days, valid till 31 July 2021. After 31 July 2021, it will be at $10 nett every 30 days.
5. What other subsidies am I entitled to under the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan?
Eligible seniors will get to enjoy free Mobile Security Service VAS (worth $3) every 30 days till 31 July 2021. Customers who have subsidy vouchers from IMDA will pay the amount stated on IMDA voucher.
6. Can I purchase smartphones together with the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan?
Customers can choose to purchase VoLTE supported smartphones from TPG at the published rate. These smartphones can only be purchased with sign-up of a Mobile Access for Seniors Plan. Smartphone warranty is given by phone manufacturers. You will be entitled for discounts if you have a subsidy voucher from IMDA. You can purchase the smartphone together with the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan at the registration page here.
7. I am not interested to learn the digital skills listed under Senior Go Digital Programme. Can I just proceed to redeem my smartphone and mobile plan since I meet the eligibility criteria?
Seniors Mobile Access Plan can only be redeemed after you have attended IMDA’s Senior Go Digital – Learning programme to acquire at least one (1) basic digital skill.
8. Can I exchange my IMDA redemption vouchers for cash instead?
Redemption vouchers are not exchangeable for cash.
9. Can I subscribe the Seniors Mobile Access Plan under someone else’s name instead?
Redemption voucher is not transferable.
10. I am auto-qualified to receive the Mobile Access for Seniors scheme. But I do not need a mobile plan. Can I just redeem my smartphone?
No, smartphone must be redeemed together with the mobile plan subscribed.
11. I am auto-qualified to receive the Mobile Access for Seniors Scheme. I have my own smartphone. Can I receive mobile plan only?
Yes, you can sign up for just the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan without purchasing any smartphone. However, please take note that once you have used the redemption voucher, you cannot re-visit us to redeem the smartphone again. (i.e change from ‘mobile plan only’ to ‘smartphone bundled with mobile plan’)
12. Can I redeem Seniors Mobile Access Plan from Telco A, and smartphone from Telco B?
Each redemption voucher can only be used once. You must redeem the smartphone and mobile plan from the same telco.
13. I have already attended the Seniors Go Digital Programme. How do I redeem the subsidised smartphone and mobile plan?
If you have registered interest in the ‘Mobile Access for Seniors’ scheme with Digital Ambassador, IMDA will notify the outcome via mail. Instructions on how to redeem will be stated in the letter.
14. I attended more than 1 basic digital skill training classes. Can I receive multiple redemption vouchers?
Only 1 redemption voucher is allowed per eligible senior. The same applies regardless of the number of basic digital skill training classes attended by the senior.
15. I am an undischarged bankrupt. Will I be able to redeem Mobile Access package?
You may contact IMDA to request for assistance, and state the preferred choice of telco. In consultation with participating telco, IMDA will assess your situation on a case-by-case basis.
16. Does TPG allow rollover data, calls and SMS?
No, there is no rollover data, calls and SMS to the following month.
17. Are international calls and SMS supported for the TPG Seniors Mobile Plan?
You can enjoy incoming international calls and SMS for free. Outgoing international calls are available from $0.01 per 30 seconds, while outgoing international SMSs are available at $0.10 per SMS. Please refer to our International Call Rates and International SMS Rates for details at www.tpgmobile.sg.
18. Can I port-in my existing Postpaid mobile number to TPG?
Yes! You can sign up for our Mobile Access for Seniors Plan and port-in your existing Postpaid mobile number to TPG. Please ensure that your personal details which you register with TPG match those of your previous provider in order to port-in successfully. For more information on how to port in, click here.
19. Where can I sign up for Mobile Access for Seniors Plan?
You must sign up online and bring along your Order Confirmation email with your original ID to collect your SIM card at one of the SIM Pick-Up locations for Seniors Plans.
20. Can someone else pick up the SIM card on my behalf?
Yes, you can authorise a proxy to pick up your SIM card on your behalf. Please complete and sign this authorisation form. Your proxy must bring this form together with their original NRIC and your original NRIC when picking up the SIM card.
21. How do I pay for my Mobile Access for Seniors Plan?
Mobile Access of Seniors Plan is on recurring $5 nett every 30 days. Customers can pay via cash/NETs at TPG Shop or Authorised Dealers, or Visa/Mastercard via TPG website.
22. Can I use the service for anything else other than what’s included in the plan?
You can only use the service for usage types that are included as part of the plan. Any other usage types such as MMS are not supported. If you wish to go beyond your plan’s inclusion such as excess calls, SMS and IDD calls, you can access and top up your TPG Account Balance by logging in to My Account. Charges of extra minutes and SMS that will be deducted from the TPG Account Balance are as follows:
- Local calls above the 300 minutes included in plan at $0.01 per 30 seconds and billed at 30 seconds increments.
- Local SMS above the 30 SMS included in plan at $0.05 per SMS
- Excess data roaming beyond the first 1GB will be charged at $3 per GB for selected countries
- Outgoing International calls are available from $0.01 per 30 seconds
- International SMSs are available at $0.10 per SMS
The rates listed above are subjected to changes. Top-ups are not refundable.
23. How do I check my usage?
You can also track your TPG Mobile usage by logging into My Account on the website.
24. I am still on the service trial plan and the plan has not expired. Will the free trial period still be fulfilled and can I migrate to the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan?
Yes, we will fulfil the free trial period that you are currently in. However, you are not able to migrate over to the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan at the moment. If you are eligible for the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan and wish to sign up, please sign up as a new line with us.
25. I am currently on TPG 50GB SIM Only Plan. I am eligible for the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan. Can I migrate over to the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan?
Unfortunately, at this moment, Mobile Access for Seniors Plan is only available for new sign-ups. If you are eligible for the Mobile Access for Seniors Plan and wish to sign up, please sign up as a new line with us.