DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
TPG Telecom Pte. Ltd. (TPG) safeguards your Personal Data in accordance with Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). By browsing and/or using our website(s), using TPG SG App and/or our products/services, you consent to the terms of this Notice.
Personal Data means data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. All undefined capitalised terms in this Notice shall have the meanings ascribed to them under the PDPA.
Your Personal Data
We collect, use and/or disclose Personal Data and user data such as:
- Identification Information: Your contact and identification details such as your name, NRIC/FIN/Passport number, telephone number, email address, date of birth and any other biometric data.
- Account & Billing Information: Your account & payment details such as your TPG account number, billing address, credit history, credit card number and bank account details.
- Communication Preferences: Information you share with us on how you would like us to contact you.
- Equipment and Technical Information: This may include information on the performance of your device(s) on our network(s), including cookies and data on your site preferences.
We share your Personal Data
We share your Personal Data with:
- Our related corporations.
- Our third-party advisors, preferred partners and service providers.
- Industry regulators and other government organisations as required by law.
- Credit reference bureaus and financial institutions for credit and payment related purposes and creditworthiness checks.
Why we collect your Personal Data
Relevant purposes include:
- To verify your identity.
- To process orders and applications to provide the services that you require.
- To administer and manage services including charging, billing, obtaining payment, fault management, complaint handling and debt collection.
- To respond to your queries, feedback, complaints and requests.
- To manage and improve our business and operations to better serve you.
- To communicate, provide customer care and account management functions.
- To provide information on deals, events, products, promotions and services offered by us and/or our preferred partners and third-party merchants.
- To comply with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Other reasonably related purposes.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party, you confirm that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with his/her Personal Data for relevant purposes.
How we collect your Personal Data
We collect your Personal Data when:
- You submit any application, registration or other forms.
- You use and/or subscribe to our services.
- You communicate with us or our representatives via telephone calls, emails and/or messages on social media platforms, such as Facebook. Your telephone call may be recorded for training, quality control, business and/or other lawful purposes.
- You visit any of our outlets and our premises, CCTV footage may be recorded.
- We obtain your Personal Data from other telecommunication licensees to provide and facilitate interconnection and interoperability for the provision of telecommunication services.
- Our equipment collects usage data including location-based data to enhance the services that we provide.
- You obtain third party services through us.
- You sign up for alerts or newsletters, and/or participate in a competition, lucky draw, survey or register your interest for any specific products or services offered by us and/or our preferred partners and/or service providers.
- You browse and/or use our website(s) or use TPG SG App.
- We are required by law to do so.
Access and Correction of your Personal Data
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Should you wish to request access to your Personal Data collected by us, please send an email to our Data Protection Officer (see below) and we will respond to your access request within 30 days. Reasonable fee may be charged.
If you wish to update your payment information, please log in to My Account. You may update your Personal Data by completing the Change of Personal Data Request Form and emailing it with the necessary supporting documents to our Data Protection Officer. We will respond to your correction/update request within 30 days.
Withdrawal of Consent
If you would like to withdraw your consent for our collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data, you may make a withdrawal request by writing an email with your full name and TPG account number(s) to our Data Protection Officer. We will process your withdrawal request within a reasonable time and in any event no later than within a reasonable period of time. If consent is withdrawn, we may no longer be able to provide our services to you.
Disclosure and Retention Limitation
We will not collect, use or disclose your Personal Data for purposes under than what we have informed you or which are permitted under local laws and regulations. If such disclosure involves transfer of your Personal Data outside Singapore, a standard of protection that is comparable to that under this Notice shall be provided.
We will retain your Personal Data for only as long as there is a business or legal purpose.
Protection and Breach Notification
We have implemented safeguards to secure your Personal Data, and prevent unauthorised access and security breaches relating to our database systems and networks.
Where we have reason to believe that a data breach affecting your Personal Data in our possession or control has occurred, we will conduct, in a reasonable and expeditious manner, an assessment of whether the data breach is a “notifiable data breach” as defined in the PDPA. If we assess that the data breach constitutes a notifiable data breach, we will notify the relevant parties as required by law.
How you may contact our Data Protection Officer
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any feedback or request.
Data Protection Officer
TPG Telecom Pte Ltd.
1, Kaki Bukit View #02-10
By visiting our website(s), we automatically receive and record data on our server logs from your browser, using technologies such as cookies. We may use such data from your browser or browsing activities to personalise our website(s) or route.
Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser.
We continuously enhance our products and services, and may update this Notice from time to time. In this connection, we will update this Notice and notify you of material changes from time to time.
If you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional materials from us, you may send an email with your full name, and TPG account number(s) to our Data Protection Officer, and we will not send to you any communications about such products and services. If you withdraw your consent for the receipt of marketing or promotional materials, we will still contact you concerning the products and services that you hold or have subscribed to with us.
Effective date: 29 April 2021